Digital Marketing Intern
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual to undertake a month internship with The Edinburgh Address Ltd.
Deadline: July 4th 2019 at 12noon
4 weeks / minimum 20 hours per week / £8 per hour
About The Edinburgh Address
A dynamic forward-thinking small business, the Edinburgh Address has recently procured ‘Bonnie’ a luxury campervan and our Marketing Executive and Company Director require assistance in promoting her. She nestles nicely within part of the fast-growing Adventure Tourism scene, promoting Scotland as a destination and of course a unique form of accommodation. This internship involves taking part in the research and development of her website launch and content, including blogs and social media. Additionally, there may be the opportunity to assist in the day to day activities carried out promoting our luxury portfolio of self-catering properties throughout Scotland.
About the candidate
This opportunity provides the right person with the chance to play an important role in the launch of a new product within a well respected small business.
A genuine passion for tourism and a dash of entrepreneurial or business spirit highly desirable.
- Assisting the Marketing Executive with improving website SEO
- Undertaking keyword research for the website content
- Create Backlinks to increase SEO ranking
- Managing multiple social media channels, ensuring content is relevant, on brand and story and up to date and that messages are responded to in a timely manner
- Maintaining and developing the company’s web blog, both ‘Bonnie’ and ‘The Edinburgh Address’
- Use social media platforms to identify and build relationships with partner businesses including reviewers and bloggers
- Assisting in the Implementation of the email marketing plan, designing newsletters
- Assisting in the production of marketing materials
- Development and maintenance of the photo library
- Taking photographs for Social Media Purposes and/or blogs
- Assisting in other marketing duties when and as required
- Undertaking or finished a Communications/Marketing Degree or similar
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- Good understanding of branding
- Experienced in web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest)
- IT and database literate
- Team player, with ability to work well with others in a small, highly effective team
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Outgoing and positive character
- Approachable and open to hearing others ideas and work
- The ability to work independently and to set own goals to achieve agreed objectives
- Experience with Joomla CMS
- Proficient with Canva
- Knowledge of SEO ranking and metadata
What you get in return
£8.00 per hour
Flexible hours, choosing any days from Monday to Friday to fit in with other coursework and less hours will be given to the right person or extension of the month.
Min hours required 20 hours a week
How to apply
Send us your CV, with a brief cover letter, including honest answers these 2 questions:
- What is your understanding of this role?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Please read our Recruitment Policy here: https://www.theedinburghaddress.com/edinburgh-news/recruitment-policy