Booking Terms & Conditions
The Edinburgh Address Ltd. act as a Booking Platform Only (see Booking Terms and Conditions).
Please be aware that all the apartments are privately owned. To ensure a quick response, if you have any problems with your apartment during your stay, please do contact the owner or property manager. If you have any complaints your sole right of address is with the property owner or manager.
Whilst we do select our properties on the basis of the quality of the accommodation and service offered. We do not make any guarantee about the accommodation or services offered. We rely on the excellent property managers and owners to inspect the property before and after each guest departure.
Unfortunately things do go wrong with self catering and serviced apartments but please do let us know if you feel any issue has not been dealt with appropriately or if there is something wrong with your accommodation and we will investigate the matter and do our utmost to assist.
We do conduct quality checks but make no guarantee that a check has been conducted by The Edinburgh Address close to your arrival.
Arrival/Departure - please note the exact details will vary from apartment to apartment but in general:
- Check-in is between 3.30-6.30 p.m. Guests will be contacted by the manager of their property before the start of their stay to arrange to meet them on arrival at their apartment. There may be a late check in charge after 6.30 pm.
- Check-out is 10.30 a.m. Late check out may be available for an additional fee. This is organised at the time of booking, subject to availability.
- To reserve the apartment, a non refundable deposit of 25% is due upon booking, with the outstanding balance due 42 days before arrival. Deposits may be paid online or over the phone by Credit or Debit Card.
- A £250, £500, £650, or £1000 for our West End Residence @ Great Stuart Street or The Mansion @ The Grange (or 10% of the total rental amount) damage deposit is due within 7 days before arrival. This is returned in full, 7-9 working days after the end of the stay, provided there are no breakages or unpaid fees.
- We take payment by Credit or Debit Card (Visa/Mastercard only), Bank Transfers (for balance payments only).
- For bookings placed online, payments are taken securely. Balance payments may need to be taken over the phone.
- There is a 50p credit card/Masterdard fee and no charge for Visa debit cards.
- Bank Transfer - no charge for UK transactions. Non UK - please ensure any bank transfer fees on your end are added to the invoice amount plus a flat rate of £7.00.
The initial deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancellation with 6 weeks till check in - the deposit and 5% of the balance are retained by The Edinburgh Address.
- Cancellation with 4 weeks till check in - the deposit and 10% of the balance are retained by The Edinburgh Address.
- Cancellation with 3 weeks till check in - the deposit and 40% of the balance are retained by The Edinburgh Address.
- Cancellation with 2 weeks till check in - the deposit and 80% of the balance are retained by The Edinburgh Address.
- Cancellation with 1 weeks till check in - the deposit and 100% of the balance are retained by The Edinburgh Address.
Terms and Conditions
Guests are asked to read and agree to the terms and conditions of booking for their own apartment before making their initial deposit.
- The terms and conditions are available to view before payment is made online.
General - Please read the terms and conditions in full before booking, however please be aware of the following:
- Apartments are no smoking
- Apartments are not suitable for Stag or Hen Parties. All groups are vetted and we reserve the right to do so.
- One member of the booking party must be 30 years or over.
- We and The Accommodation Provider reserve the right to cancel bookings should these terms appear not to have been met.
General booking Terms and Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of booking for your named property property online before payment
Specific terms may vary from property to property.
- The Accommodation Provider, means the owner, manager or any other party associated with providing the accommodation to rent.
- The Booking Agent means The Edinburgh Address Ltd.
- The Guest Terms and Conditions mean the contract between you, the guest booking the accommodation. and the accommodation provider and the booking terms under which you, the guests book and agree to abide by.
The Edinburgh Address acts as booking agent for the properties advertised on the website www.theedinburghaddress.com and other third party sites that The Edinburgh Address Ltd use to advertise accommodation.
By using, browsing or visiting the Site via mobile, desktop or any other platform you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these Booking Terms and Conditions and you expressly consent and agree to be bound the by Terms, as may be amended from time to time, and all applicable laws and regulations that govern this site and your booking.
- These terms shall also apply where bookings are taken via telephone.
- By booking accommodation through The Edinburgh Address Ltd, you are entering into a contractual relationship with the Accommodation Provider as per “The Guest Terms and Conditions of Booking” we act solely as an intermediary and agent.
- The Edinburgh Address Ltd shall not be liable for any losses, expenses or damage of any sort due to you as a result of the acts, errors, omissions, breaches, negligence, fraudulent intent, misleading or untrue statements, breach of contract, breach of statutory duty, wilful misconduct or any tortious act attributable either wholey or in part to the accommodation providers or any other independent business or suppliers of services who sell their product and services through us, which include their employees, directors, officers, agents, representative or affiliates.
- The Edinburgh Address Ltd shall not be liable in the event of you suffering personal injury, illness or death as a result of any act or omission of an accommodation provider or other supplier of services.
- If you have any complaint about the quality of the services provided or have any other complaint at all, your sole right of redress will be against the accommodation provider or the third party who provided such service and The Edinburgh Address will be under no liability at all.
- You understand that The Edinburgh Address Ltd may not have conducted any quality or other checks on the accommodation and we make no representations about the suitability of the accommodation and or serviced offered for sale through The Edinburgh Address Ltd.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of the listings. We shall not be liable for any damages arising as a result of inaccurate information or errors on our Site which relate to the accommodation information.
- We reserve absolute right of cancellation of a confirmed booking at any time for what ever reason. We regret that we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
- Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors on our website descriptions and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to change or cancel your booking, we will tell you as soon as possible. We will endeavour to offer you an alternative should a change or cancellation occur. We regret that we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
- We reserve the right to vet all guests. By vetting we mean obtaining passport copies, names, ages and addresses of all party members. Should this information not be forthcoming we reserve the absolute right to cancel the booking, at any time even after the booking is confirmed and the deposit and balance has been paid in full.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of Scotland.
- Jurisdiction for any proceedings against The Agent as a consequence of this Agreement or the contractual relationship between the parties is prorogated to Edinburgh Sheriff Court and the Court of Session.
- In the event that any term of this agreement is found to be invalid, illegal, unlawful or unenforceable it shall not affect the enforceability of any of the remaining items.
Discount, Promotions and Extras Terms and Conditions
- All discounts and promotions are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
- All discounts and promotions apply so selected The Edinburgh Address marked properties only. Please get in touch with a member of staff if you would like more information on which apartments discounts and promotions are applied to.
- Repeat guest discounts apply to excuisvely marketed The Edinburgh Address proeprties only.
- Discounts and promotions are only valid when applied at the time of booking. Discounts and promotions cannot be applied at any point after The Edinburgh Address have receive the booking.
- Discounts and promotions are applied at the discretion of The Edinburgh Address and may be withdrawn or stopped at any time.
- Extras booked (chef, beauty treatments, exectutive airport transfer) are non refundable once paid for.