Why does The Edinburgh Address need proof of ID and Address?
To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information.
At time of booking we will ask the lead guest for images of your government issued ID (national ID card, passport or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) and other authentication information, such as, proof of Address (such as complete copy of a utility statement/bill - i.e. water, gas, electric, TV licence, telephone or Council tax).
ID verification offers full protection to home owners and guests by:
- Verifying that a government-issued ID submitted by the guest is real
- Verifying the ID in question belongs to the user making the booking
- Verifying that the guest is not under 25 of age
- Keeping the ID on record, which The Edinburgh Address has recourse to in instances of criminal damage or fraudulent activity
How can I provide my ID with confidence?
The Edinburgh Address uses Typeform, the world's leading online form-building and online surveys, compliant with GDPR rules (European General Data Protection Regulation). Typeform protects data using Transport Layer Security (TLS). This provides added protection and reassurance exclusively for our guests.
Typeform is used by Mailchimp, Autopilot & Cloudflare (company providing internet protection and security).
Storing and deleting the photo of your ID
We are committed to constantly creating a safe and secure environment for you, our guest, and our owners. The storage of your government ID photo is done with the protection of your data at the forefront.
- The Edinburgh Address uses Typeform to securely store your ID, a trusted GDPR complaint software.
- Typeform data is hosted on Amazon’s AWS service. You can read more about AWS here.
- TLS is used to secure all data in transit. Find out more about TLS here.
But whatever the reason,your ID will never be shared with anyone outwith The Edinburgh Address LTD staff, property owner and property manager.
6 months after your check-out month, your ID and proof Address will be permanently and safely deleted.
ID Policy date
This policy was last updated on the 25/05/18