Edinburgh, Edinburgh & The Lothians
Bedrooms 1 Sleeps 2 (+1) Free parking
Sleeps four in two bedrooms, one of which can be set up as a twin. Please specify when booking.
1/12 Parliament Square has an enviable corner position, with astounding views of the Royal Mile & the City Chambers (local Government Offices) on one side and the magnificent St Giles Cathedral on the other. This magnificent 2 bedroom, second floor (below top, see photos) apartment commands a prestigious position in the very heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town and only 300 m to Edinburgh Castle's entrance.
The apartment is only a few minutes walk from many other major Edinburgh attractions such as the Royal Scottish Museum and the National Gallery of Scotland located on the Mound at junction with the famous Princess Street. There is also a copious amount of bars, restaurants, cafés and shops in the immediate area. This holiday apartment is furnished and decorated to a high standard and is a very comfortable base for your visit to Edinburgh and Scotland. Guests who have a laptop can also enjoy a free broadband connection via wifi.
This superb corner room provides marvellous views of the Royal Mile and St Giles Cathedral. The room consists of a comfortable seating and some smaller items of furniture and lighting features. A beautiful Victorian fireplace with a gas coal effect fire provides additional heat to the gas central heating and creates a wonderful ambience in the room.
A widescreen 40 inch led tv with approximately 50 digital channels and a DVD home cinema system with a small selection of dvds and cds are provided for your enjoyment.
This is a lovely large bedroom with a window overlooking the Royal Mile and the Edinburgh City Chambers. It has an extremely comffortable super king bed and wonderful working shutters to shut out the world to aid a good night's sleep. There are built in wardrobes and further large storage built into bed base.
The second bedroom has lovely views of St Giles Cathedral and the Royal Mile. It has a king size double bed with headboard but can be split into twin bed with beside tables. There is a wardrobe to provide storage for your possessions and further storage built into bed base. There is a dressing table and occassional chair for your convenience. This room also working shutters.
The kitchen has a window with the same views as bedroom 1. It is equipped with a fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave oven, washer/dryer and cutlery & crockery for up to four people. THere is also a high cafe table and chairs by window to allow you to enjoy a coffee whilst watching all the action on the Royal Mile.
This is a large room with a bath with mixer taps providing a shower attachment, wc and basin. A shaver point is also in the bathroom.
Has a dining table and chairs to sit over dinner discussing what to do next in Edinburgh.
* All gas & electricity costs are included in the rental.
* Linen and towels are provided.
* A modest amount of complimentary tea and coffee for arrival
* Ironing facilities and a hair dryer are provided.
* Daytime street parking is available but is expensive, various longer term parking solutions can be suggested. (However, overnight parking is free from 6.30p.m. to 8.00a.m. Mon-Sat, and free parking is available all day Sunday).
* The airport bus drop off point and Edinburgh's main railway station (Waverley) are approximately 250 metres away.
* No smoking is allowed within the apartment.
* pets not allowed.
* We regret that this second floor flat will be unsuitable for some people with disabilities as there are only stairs.
* No lift is available.
* Strictly no parties - Guests must be quiet between 21:00 and 08:00 to respect neighbouring properties.
A "meet and greet" service is operated , whereby you will be met at a property at a pre-arranged time to give access. Full instructions of this procedure can be found in the secure guest area after a booking has been completed. It is very important that an approximate arrival time is provided before arrival for this process. Entry is from 14:00 onwards but if nobody has booked to depart on your day of arrival it will probably be very suitable for us to give you entry as early as possible. Departure is by 10am (a guaranteed late departure up to 20:00 can be obtained for 50% of that daily rate. Please contact us if you want to utilise this facility and a price will be calculated).
Please note that arrivals after 19:00 will incur a range of late arrival fee.
**LATE ARRIVAL: fees, 19:00 - 22:30 - 15 pounds, 22:31 - 00:00 - 30 pounds and 00:01 - 02:00 - 50 pounds. The latest access can be given is 02:00, otherwise it is given at 08:00 the next day. ESC accept no liability for any costs involved in alternative accommodation for this 6 hour period.
A deposit of 25% is payable on booking and the outstanding balance of the rental price must be received 2 months prior to your arrival date. For bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date the whole rental price falls payable at the time of booking. Please note that a separate 200 pounds refundable key/security deposit must be provided prior to arrival. This is rescinded 5 days after departure.
Instant and secure
Edinburgh, United KingdomView location map
Enter these digital latitude & longitude into any mapping app to be taken to the door of the building the apt is in :- 55.949614 -3.189970
There are three options to get from Edinburgh airport to the city centre, all take approx 30-35 minutes. The main rail station Waverley is approx 250 metres from the apt.
1. Edinburgh trams, approx every 8-10 mins (Sunday 12-15 mins), right outside terminal, the nearest drop off point for the apt is the Princes St stop which is approx 500 metres away. Cost approx 9.00 pounds for adults and 4.50 pounds for children for a RETURN journey.
2. Airport express bus, every 15 minutes right outside terminal building, drop off point on Waverley Bridge approx 250 metres from apt. Costs approx 7.50 pounds per person for a RETURN journey.
3. Taxi, many can be found right outside the terminal building and will cost 15 - 25 pounds for a one way journey. However a taxi will drop you off right outside the property you have booked.
Street parking is enforced 7 days a week 08:00 - 18:30 Mon - Sat, 12:30 - 18:30 Sunday, it is very expensive and inflexible as you can only stay in one spot for a few hours.
There are many city centre car parks to choose from, you can use these for a short time or full days which cost approx 16 - 25 pounds or more or enter the postcode of the property you have booked into this website http://www.parkopedia.co.uk/
Alternatively if you do not plan your use your car much, (Edinburgh is a relatively small city centre and is much better explored on foot), You can also consider the park & ride options Edinburgh has here :-
Please note these sites have different operators and some have restrictions on the duration a vehicle can be left, please check each specific site description for accurate details & information.